The royal town of Bobovac is set in mountainous part of Central Bosnia, between two municipalities – Kakanj and Vares. It was first mentioned in documents about 1350. There was kept Bosnian royal crown. It is place of royal chapel where were buried three Bosnian kings: Stjepan Ostoja, Tvrtko II Kotromanic and Stjepan Tomas. It was built by Stjepan II Kotromanic, the last Bosnian ban, in the beginning of 14th century. It was seat for all Bosnian rulers and kings till 1463 when Ottomans occupied Bosnia.